Who We Are
We are a people of prayer, purpose, and passion. We worship God; study God’s Word together; touch lives in our communities, nation and world with transforming love by engaging in hands-on ministries of outreach, mission and evangelism; and we speak a prophetic word in love and truth to power. We are family!
We will continue to be a Holy Spirit-led, ever-maturing and ever-developing congregation where people of diverse ethnicities, nationalities, orientation and cultures gather as one in worship, study and service. We pray that God blesses us as we honor our heritage and move forward in faith.
What We Do
Antioch does what the church was called to do 2,000 years ago. We reach out to the less fortunate, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, visit the sick, care for the children and encourage all with the good news of God’s unconditional love. All activities at Antioch are designed to up-build the membership or extend the ministry of the church. That is, we strengthen ourselves to reach out to others. We operate under the assumption that we are blessed to be a blessing to others.
A partial list of our outreach events include:
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Banquet – Social Awareness.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Interfaith Worship Service – Community Building.
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Seminar – Education and Social Awareness.
- Church Anniversary – Legacy Building.
- Church Picnic – Fellowship.
- Carrie Reazer Missionary Luncheon – Strengthening Women/ Outreach.
- Golf Tournament – Strengthening Men/College Scholarships.
- Emergency Shelter Partnership – Community Outreach.
- Community Center of Northern Westchester Benefit Concert – Community Outreach.
- Candlelight Christmas Service – Community Worship
“The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.” Acts 11:26
We are blessed to stand on the shoulders of those who came before us and laid the foundation for our ministry in our local and global communities. As we honor our heritage, we also give thanks for a new season in the life of our congregation.
The history of the Antioch Missionary Baptist Church dates back to 1887 when several African-American families living in or near Bedford Center began meeting in their homes for praise and worship service. The church was organized and officially registered as a religious corporation in the State of New York in that year. The founding date on the church seal is 1894.